Marble got into our lives a million years ago and since then it has made a huge impact in our spaces. It is without a doubt that marble tiles such as green marble are the most elegant in comparison with other natural stones. For this reason, a lot of residences and commercial spaces prefer to use it.
But everything good always has an end and marble no matter how durable and strong it is can get damaged. There are a few caveats that suspect the stone to wear and tear such as acidic substances, scratches, water, and heat damage. Although proper care is vital to ensure it lasts for a long time, there comes a time when it needs to be replaced.
In this article, Quality Marble Exports (India), one of the best marble exporters from India is here to give you tips on how you can remove and replace marble tiles.
How To Remove Marble Flooring?
Marble stones are one of the strongest natural stones. Hence, removing them is a tough job. But it can be done simply with the right tools.
Materials Needed To Remove Marble Flooring:
- Protective apparel
- Working gloves
- Safety glasses
- Hearing aids
- Masonry chisel
- Hard and medium-grit sandpaper
- Paint scraper
Steps To Remove Marble Flooring:
- Inspect the flooring area to identify how badly the marble tiles are damaged.
- Break out a small area of the flooring to know the underlying materials beneath. This will help you understand how much strength you are going to use when removing the marble.
- Wear your protective gear including safety goggles and hearing aid. Also cover items around the area that are susceptible to damage and keep the room well ventilated.
- Using a sledgehammer, aim for the grout lines that are the weak links of the marble. But avoid damaging the tiles since you can use them in another area.
- Using a masonry chisel remove the large marble tiles.
- Inspect the mortar installations underneath the marble. If it is thick and reinforced with mesh, you will have to cut it to free the subfloor.
- Use the masonry chisel to clean up the debris and small marble tiles.
- Level and smoothen the subfloor using either coarse or medium sandpaper.
How To Replace Old Marble Flooring With A New One?
Once you have removed the marble tiles then you are halfway done with a new set of marble flooring. You can hire the services of marble suppliers to install a new one. Or, you can do it yourself.
- thin-set mortar
- 2x4 board
- marble tile
- mastic adhesive
- mesh mortar tape
Steps to follow:
- Check the stability of the subfloor by bouncing on it. If there is some vibration then it is stable. However, excessive vibration means the flooring is weak. But you can strengthen it by adding jack supports.
- Identify the centre of the room by marking the length and width of the area to be installed with the marble tiles. Make sure where the lines are at a 90° angle then fix them using acrylic gel.
- Apply a thin set of mortar on the floorboard. But if the latter is weak, install mesh tape to strengthen it.
- Lay the tiles but leave space of about 1/16 inches next to each other to make the layout even.
- Seal the marble tiles using a neutral-based sealant. And ensure that you replace it annually.
- Once you are done you can enjoy the beauty and elegance of your new marble tiles.
Trending Marble Flooring Options
Forest Green Marble
Today, green marble is one of the most fancied varieties across the world. Property owners are increasingly developing a penchant for green. Hence, the Forest Green Marble with its natural aura tops the list of trending natural stones. A marble flooring of this variety means you are bringing home the goodness of nature.
Maharaja Black Marble
As the name suggests, this marble stone offers a high sense of luxury with its black backdrop and smoky white and gold lines. You could instantly make your flooring popular using this famous variety.
Rain Forest Brown Marble
Another premium quality marble tiles that can further add to natural beauty in your space is Rain Forest Brown Marble boasts striking white and dark brown lines across the surface which are extremely unique. If you are a hardcore nature enthusiast, A centre of brown marble flooring surrounded by green marble flooring would simply feel mesmerizing.
Onyx White Marble
Onyx has been in the trend for decades. Thanks to its gentle appearance with flowery green bands flowing on its white base. Whether you have a traditional home or a modern office, this marble flooring is ideal for both spaces.
Quality Marble Exports (India) - Offers Premium Quality Marble Flooring Varieties
Quality Marble Exports (India) stands among the leading marble exporters from India and abroad. To our customers residing in the different corners of the world, we have been providing bespoke marble flooring solutions unique to their personality and taste.
If you are wondering what exactly we can offer, here’s a blog post to give you some insights. And if you are on a hunt to get world-class marble tiles with customization at great cost, contact us!